Responsible for the proper handling of inbound and outbound cargo at Apollo. This position is also responsible for performing a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft surrounding air cargo shipments.
Certified Cargo Screener Duties and Responsibilities
- Required to perform various tasks such as: operation of x-ray machines, physical inspection of cargo and lifting and carrying freight
- Responsible for intertying dangerous objects in cargo and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft with Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) equipment and visual and physical search.
- Continuously and effectively interact with carious agents: Airline, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs/Border Protection (CBP), giving instructions and responding to inquiries in a reasonable tone and manner.
- Must be able to follow screening procedures accurately including completion of all relevant paperwork and logging under the direction of management and the TSA Coordinator
- Must apply CCSF cards to ULDs before they are loaded into any truck or trailer
- Work within a demanding environment, which includes noise from alarms, machinery, people, distractions, time pressure and requirement to identify and locate potentially life threating devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routing situations
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of carrying out proper X-ray daily testing and maintained as well as keep proper records in accordance with TSA requirements.
Warehouse Agent Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transfer and move cargo within our warehouse as required to fulfill the company's handling obligations
- Check documentation for instructions such as: priority breakdown or special handling requirements
- Unload and verify receipt of all manifested cargo while notating any deviations in cargo manifested against cargo received. Separate, placard and store in specified locations
- I.D. verifications forms are completed for each shipment received
- Apply labels to shipments received. Labels must contain order number, time, date, piece count, shipper and consignee
- Insure all Bill of lading, Cargo Releases and Delivery Orders are completely filled out and accurate
- Receive, verify piece counts and check /confirm weight of cargo. Store for processing and loading in designated areas.
- Perform regular inventories of cargo and all customer product in storage
- Process import deliveries, as noted on the delivery authorization document(s) ensuring accuracy of the piece count and importing customer information.
- Read and follow all SOP's
- Load outbound cargo on/in carrier Unit Load Devices (ULD's) securing freight for shipment using nets and tie down equipment.
- Ensure the build-up of cargo is in configuration compatible to the carrier's aircraft.
- Demonstrate diligence required to maintain security under Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and United States Customs Border Protection (USCBP) regulations.
- Adhere to all safety rules and communicate any safety issue or property damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
- Wear safety vest at all times while working, walking or operating equipment within an Apollo facility
- General housekeeping in warehouse, maintenance and dock areas to maintain a clean work environment.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivilaent; Or at least one year full-time work experience in security work, aviation screener work, or x-ray technician work
- Must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license (DMV print-out required)
- Must provide 10 years background employment/education information
- Must provide proof of legal right to work in the United States such as: passport, birth certificate or work permit/visa
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired)
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
- Tolerate moderate to loud levels of noise within the work environment
- Will be required to work in cold storage areas as assigned (35F-50F)
- Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting
- Demonstrate daily a fitness for obligation without impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication or alcohol
- May be required to work all of the following: irregular hours and/or shifts, including split-shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime
This Job description is a summary of duties for which you as an employee are expected to perform in you assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete not permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects without notice.
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Physical abilities (e.g., lifting and carrying freight weighing up to 75lbs, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing, walking and identifying objects)
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations
- Comprehension of airway bill
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or lead agent
- Ability to work as an effective team member
Apollo Freight will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Warehouse Agent 3- Apollo
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.