Mechanic (Ground Support Equipment) job
|Employer:|| Menzies Aviation|
Experienced mechanic responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on airport ground support equipment, vehicles, and other related equipment.|
• Receives work orders and obtains the necessary tools required for the repair.
• Transports the vehicle (s) to be repaired by driving, towing, or pushing vehicle into service bay.
• Vehicles may consist of tugs, forklifts, pay loaders, fuel trucks and other larger airport vehicles.
• Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or broken parts.
• Repairs diesel engines, hydraulic, electric, and mechanical systems.
• Obtains replacement parts, installing and/or making repairs as required.
• Repairs may require rebuilding as assemblies, systems, etc.
• Confers with Supervisor for complex repairs, which require direction or approval for ordering parts.
• Completes work orders and provides status on any "open" work orders.
• Ensure the safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
• Additional duties may include changing batteries, tires, oil, and other minor repairs.
• Minimum three (3) years related experience.
• Must have knowledge of heavy-duty diesel/automotive equipment.
• Experience with troubleshooting and repair of complex hydraulic and electrical systems required.
• Must have own tools and be able to operate various power and hand tools safely.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be flexible to work all hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by operational requirements.
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs., comfortable with bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling various items
• Good driving record with DMV certified copy.
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing, including physical abilities and drug testing and ten-year background check as required by U.S. Customs
LAWA WANTS TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU MONTHLY MEETING! DECEMBER 6TH @ 9AM
We Want To Do Business With You! You're invited to our Doing Business with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) monthly meeting on Wednesday, December 1st, 2017 at 9 a.m. Please RSVP by Friday, December 1, 2017 at:email@example.com. Join Procurement Services Division for a training session on the contracting process and opportunities at LAWA.
Join our building team. We are seeking individuals interested in starting union construction careers. Must be 18 years or older, possess a valid Social Security Card, live within the LAX community area. Women & Veterans are encouraged to participate.
Call 424-646-7192 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org