Job Summary: |
The customer service lead agent is responsible for effective communication with customers and customer service agents. Distributes the workload properly and equally and ensures that all assigned tasks are completed efficiently and thoroughly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as senior staff of agents by assisting in the supervision of Customer Service Agents to avoid service failure.
- Assist Supervisor in his/her functions and act as a back-up in the event that a supervisor and/or manager is not available.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills in communication and interaction with Customer Service Agents, Supervisors, Managers and customers.
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities.
- Ensure that cash/checks received at the counter are accepted in accordance with company procedures/carrier regulations with the proper documentation attached.
- Monitor pick-ups and assign driver's to pick up freight in a timely manner.
- Check all communications (e-mails, faxes and telexes) and disseminate information accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Provide Accounting Department with all necessary documents (MAWBS, TRMS, Non-Routines, Company Material Clearances) to accurately bill customers in a timely manner.
- Assist Accounting Department in resolving any discrepancies in monetary amounts or documentation.
- Develop skills to multi-task when necessary.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Tolerate moderate to loud levels of noise within the work environment
- Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting
- Demonstrate daily a fitness for obligation without impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired or Required):
- May be required to work all of the following: irregular hours and/or shifts, (including split-shifts), holidays and weekends, overtime and extended hours
- Typing skills with ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm.
This job description is a summary of duties and is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. This job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Office skills including file maintenance, basic computer knowledge, answering telephone quickly and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of advanced arithmetic and mathematics
- Comprehension of airway bill and government regulations
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to follow instructions from Supervisors, Manager and Customers
- Ability to act in lead position and give direction to Customer Service Agents
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a leadership role
- Ability to obtain U.S. Customs seal and license to drive on Airport Operations Area (AOA).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license (DMV print-out required)
- Must provide 10 year background history with employment /education information
- Must provide proof of legal right to with in the United States such as U.S. Passport, birth certificate or work permit/visa
- Must have at least 1 year experience as a customer service agent with proven success
Customer Service Lead Agent
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.