Lead Maintenance Technician job
|Employer:|| Vanderlande Industries|
The Lead Maintenance Technician position will be responsible for maintenance activities on their assigned shift, and will report directly to the O&M Manager. This position shall be responsible for the provision of maintenance services for all equipment and systems from the main equipment disconnect to the end device. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical and electrical level of the material handling system. This will be done during the dwell periods in between the flights and in the other non-operational hours.
• Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains machinery and electrical equipment such as motors, electrical circuits, SICK ATR systems, baggage handling equipment and conveyor systems in accordance with diagrams, electrical drawings, operational manuals and manufacturer's specifications using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Exercise safe working practice at all times, complying with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures.
• Prepare and execute service calls, Emergency Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance
• Perform Preventive Maintenance & follow-up on Corrective Maintenance work orders
• Report service calls internally and to customer
• Advise and execute optimization of (sub) systems, consulting the supervisor, control and propose improvements for the quality of the service process
• Analyze system performance (and the operator influence)
• Occasionally monitor system from Control Room
• Develop service supporting tools and means
• Un-jam conveyors, if necessary
• Complete CMMS Service Reports, Parts Usage and Warranty Records
• Research and Request spare parts as required
• Perform Inventory Counts
• Works fully independently on site on preventive maintenance work
• Identifies problems in planning and tooling etc. Provides input for improvements.
• Helps service technicians to correct faults.
• Independently corrects the standard faults.
• Instructs and gives guidance to less experience technicians
Required Education and Experience:
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport ID Badge
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime, weekend and holiday work.
This position requires up no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: Technicians work in secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems. Technicians identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LAWA WANTS TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU MONTHLY MEETING! DECEMBER 6TH @ 9AM
We Want To Do Business With You! You're invited to our Doing Business with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) monthly meeting on Wednesday, December 1st, 2017 at 9 a.m. Please RSVP by Friday, December 1, 2017 at: email@example.com. Join Procurement Services Division for a training session on the contracting process and opportunities at LAWA.
Join our building team. We are seeking individuals interested in starting union construction careers. Must be 18 years or older, possess a valid Social Security Card, live within the LAX community area. Women & Veterans are encouraged to participate.
Call 424-646-7192 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org