Assistant Manager, Domestic Communications job in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California (CA)
|Employer:|| Los Angeles Tourism and Convention Board|
|Job Category:||Other Airport Employer|
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Domestic Communications|
Reports to Job Title: Manager, Domestic Communications
Job Summary: The Assistant Manager, Domestic Communications will report to the Manager, Domestic Communications. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assisting with visiting journalists, performing a variety of media relations activities and maintaining and creating press materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Supports manager with visiting journalists, taking a lead role on such tasks as creating target media list, vetting media requests, proactively securing media to visit, coordination of activities, itineraries, and travel arrangements. Participates in the actual hosting of journalists. Interacts with and manages agency partners on visiting journalist opportunities. 35%
2. Performs media relations activities including: Supporting the manager with responses to media inquiries; proactively reaches out to media to secure coverage spanning print/TV/digital; actively establishing and nurturing media relationships on behalf of the organization, regularly identifying new contacts and relevant story angles; takes ownership over various media campaigns, seeing them through from initiation to recap reporting. Interacts with and manages agency partners on media relations and reporting items. Maintains domestic media lists. Owns and maintains Simpleview clipping and reporting. 30%
3. Maintains and creates press materials, spearheads "what's new" quarterly update, and daily media highlights. 15%
4. Assists with presentations ranging from reports to plans. 5%
5. Conducts outreach to partners as part of aforementioned tasks. 5%
6. Serves as a brand ambassador for Los Angeles. 5%
7. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
9. Trend and general news monitoring.
10. Assists with updating and maintaining media database.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Liberal Arts/Mass Communication/English strongly preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years of PR agency or in-house public relations experience required.
The ideal candidate will be on the pulse of Los Angeles culture, and have some level of familiarity with our thriving dining scene, diverse neighborhoods, world-class attractions and hotels. Prior travel, tourism or hospitality experience is required. Candidates must have 3-5 years of PR agency or in-house public relations experience. Excellent oral and written communications skills and attention to detail is required. Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Proficient in Cision.
2. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
3. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
5. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
6. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
7. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
8. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] , noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.
- District Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- District Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- Business Development Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- GENERAL MANAGER Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- Business Development Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles