EH&S Specialist job in Los Angeles
Vacancy has expired
|Employer:|| Air Serv Corporation|
Responsible for administering and coordinating ABM compliance to clients' EH&S requirements, assisting in the development and deployment of safety regulatory and awareness training, assisting in the conduct of enterprise EH&S compliance verification activities, performing analytics and recommend improvement and or enhancement actions, monitoring and advising on progress of projects, plans and activities, and assisting in generation of high level and external presentations and reviews.|
Primary Focus Areas
• Support the execution of injury prevention efforts that focus on addressing unsafe behaviors and establishing safety as a core value within all ABM employees.
• Conduct regularly scheduled safety audits, risk assessments, inspections, training and meetings to determine the effectiveness of safety and accident prevention activities.
• Support the creation of media to transfer knowledge of safe work practices, effective safety methods and processes, and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Communicate with Ops regarding safety activities, safety initiatives, employee training, program and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Maintain knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations at all levels of government, including federal, state and local and possess the ability to evaluate, document, and report on compliance with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations to ensure operational compliance.
• Assist in the management of third party safety verification organizations' document and data requirements to ensure qualification for new account bids and continuation of existing accounts.
• Support the development and implementation of various data system to collect and report compliance status to management; providing technical support for implemented technologies to the field to assist in their adoption.
• Successful implementation of injury reduction initiatives.
• Actively partner with Ops and internal clients to provide needed support.
• Develop and implement systems, training and reporting capabilities to assist Ops in managing their EH&S responsibilities.
• Enforce policy, recognize desired behaviors or provide coaching to Ops.
• Align priorities with organizational goals and objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or EH&S related degree is preferred.
• Requires a minimum of 2 years progressive responsibility in the field of Safety in the Industrial or Commercial sectors or 3 years without a degree.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
• Ability to effectively support a large multi-site workforce.
• Ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports.
• Skilled in communicating ideas and instructions clearly.
• Strong organization skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
Los Angeles, CA 90015 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
- Senior Human Resources Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- Senior Human Resources Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- Regional HSE Manager Menzies Aviation Los Angeles
- Aviation Maintenance Technician II Delta Air Lines Airlines Los Angeles
- LAX Airline Customer Service/Check-In Agents Pacific Aviation Airlines Los Angeles