Operational Safety and Compliance Manager job in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California (CA)
|Employer:|| Menzies Aviation|
To ensure full compliance with corporate and legislative safety requirements and participate in the development and implementation of programmes as a key member of the network risk management team. |
• Maintain and enhance appropriate and efficient safety and security systems, controls and protocols to ensure all operations remain fully compliant with all relevant company, industry, regulatory and legislative requirements
• Accountable to ensure Safety, Security, Environmental & Compliance requirements
• Ensure completion of training audits and training needs analysis within the Passenger, Ramp and Cargo Departments
• Ensuring that staff are motivated through effective delivery of Safety & Security presentations
• Ensuring the safe, secure and consistent delivery of the Menzies product
• Ensure delivery of the highest quality content & standards to meet our customers' SLA and achieving compliance with the customers' Ground Handling Manuals (GHM's)
• Ensure coordination and delivery of all mandatory/specialist training programmes
• Presence at induction training and staff interviewing
• Form part of the assessment panel for probationary employees
• Conduct safety & security audits and risk assessments
• Ensure upkeep of training manuals and SLS Board briefings
• Promoting and driving MORSE 'safety first' culture within the airport including MORSE Compliance, reporting and investigations
• Ensure all departments remain fully compliant with internal standards and all relevant industry, regulatory and state legislated requirements in region
• Ensure accreditation and currency for all staff on relevant courses is maintained i.e. Dangerous Goods and Security Training etc.
• Preside over all external audits on local operation from Statutory Authorities & Customer Airlines, etc.
Represent Company at industry forums as required
• Ability to work down as directed
• Additional duties/projects as requested by Management
• Provide management reports as required
• Business acumen and the ability to build strong working relationships with people and organisations
• A sound understanding of Aviation Ground Handling across Passenger, Ramp & Cargo areas
• A sound understanding of Aviation Security requirements
• A sound understanding of Health & Safety regulatory/compliance issues within the aviation industry, particularly in the context of cargo, ramp and passenger handling operations
• Ability to identify Security, Health & Safety needs for staff
• A demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels and influence others in a positive way
• Organisation and planning skills, with the ability and initiative to react effectively and quickly to unexpected circumstances
• Sound computer and word processing skills in order to produce or update training manuals; create and update spreadsheets and maintain training records.
• Previous experience in Safety Management & Safety systems.
• Must pass pre-employment medical.
• Must pass a drug test.
• Must be able to pass a ten-year background check as required by US Customs.
• Must pass driver's test with the Department of Airports and obtain a driver's license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA);
• Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Business Development Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- District Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- GENERAL MANAGER Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- Business Development Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- District Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles