General Manager job in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California (CA)
Due to the continued growth and development of its US ground handling business Menzies Aviation wishes to appoint a General Manager for its ground handling business unit at Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day operations as well as driving the growth and development of this important operation. |
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure service delivery to customer airlines is according to the airline contracts, and within the agreed budget level.
• Monitors performance, taking action to correct any shortfalls.
• Implement Menzies Aviation Policies and Procedures
• Ensures safety and security procedures are according to the Menzies Health & Safety regulations, and according to international aviation standards.
• Liaise with airline station managers, airport operations director, handling agents, customs, immigration, and security officials, union officials, and other airport stakeholders.
• Provides reports as required, and service delivery measurements.
• Provides leadership to the management team, developing their skills.
• Pro-actively seek business growth opportunities with existing and new customers, and negotiate contracts with airlines.
• Work shifts as required by the business.
Requirements • Ground Handling management experience at a high volume airport
• Financial management skills of a medium sized station business
• Able to deal with senior airline, airport, and other stakeholder personnel at the airport
• Fully conversant with airline ramp handling procedures, aviation safety and security procedures, and Menzies ramp, safety and security procedures
• Able to work with a multinational work force, and to adjust to the local conditions of the station.
• Good knowledge of ramp GSE
• Good working knowledge of the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement
• Aptitude to develop the management team , provide succession planning, and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business
• Able to support other stations as required and ensure own station responsibilities are covered when on leave.
• Must pass pre-employment medical.
• Must pass a drug test.
• Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
• Must pass an FBI background check and obtain a custom seal;
• Must pass driver's test with the Department of Airports and obtain a driver's license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA);
- Business Development Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- District Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- GENERAL MANAGER Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- District Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- Business Development Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles