Sixt Rent a Car is an international leader in car rental, leasing, and innovative mobility solutions like mydriver. With revenues in excess of $2 billion and a fleet of 220,000 cars, we have moved into over 100 different countries worldwide. Sixt is the largest fleet purchaser of BMW's internationally, however does not consider itself a luxury car rental company but a company with superior service and better cars for everyone at an exceptional value.
At Sixt, customers are guests. It's not a rental transaction but an experience as that of a five star hotel. Sixt hires service oriented individuals, free to travel, and open to cultural experiences interacting with customers and colleagues from many diverse backgrounds. Sixt is more than just cars, we have a passion for style, technology, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
As an Area Manager - Business Development, you will be responsible for opening new downtown/off-airport locations, developing local sales and partnerships, and providing support and leadership to branch managers in your area. As an essential part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting the development of the branches under your supervision while driving profitability as you train and develop your employees. You will also provide support in areas of compliance, regulations, and policies and procedures. This position deports directly to the Vice President of Business Development.
- Handle real estate transactions including negotiation of lease contracts
- Prepare business plans/presentations and establishing new downtown/off-airport locations within your area
- Increase the market penetration of the branch and increase revenue
- Ensure the effective process of all types of car rental transactions
- Actively participate in the training, coaching, and mentoring of the Branch Managers, Management Trainees, Rental Sales Agents, Return Agents and all other staff
- Complete performance reviews on all employees and hold a meeting with the individual to discuss strengths and weaknesses
- Responsible for reporting, billing, and analyzing financial statements
- Organize and facilitate weekly staff meetings to keep employees motivated and informed of business operations
- Complete sales calls with Branch Managers and Management Trainees in order to further their development
- Confirm accurate fleet, marketing, and staff planning
- Coordinates performance appraisals, promotions, and terminations with operations job functions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be committed to visiting branches within the area
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in operations management
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Must have good supervisory and strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to work under stressful and unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day and/or evening hours.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Ability to communicate in other languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Hebrew, German, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Highest degree of accuracy and diligence
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems
- Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
- Results oriented: Holds self and others accountable for results
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Risk Management: Anticipates risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur
- Relationship Management: Builds constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Partnership: Quickly aligns and uses internal and external resources to achieve performance results. Demonstrates and cultivates a "win/win" attitude
- Influencing and Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action. Utilizes strong interpersonal skills to influence and gain commitment from key stakeholders within the Company.