Job Location: Mercury Air Cargo (AVION) - Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Warehouse
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all safety rules and communicate any safety issue or property damage immediately to a supervisor or manager. Wear a safety vest at all times while working, walking or operating equipment within a Mercury Air Cargo warehouse.
- Transfer and move cargo within our warehouse and other facilities on the airport as required to fulfill the company's handling obligations.
- Check documentation for instructions such as: priority breakdown or special handling requirements.
- Unload and verify receipt of all manifested cargo while notating any deviations in cargo manifested against the cargo received. Separate, placard and store in specified import locations.
- Perform inventories of import cargo, as required, and generate export post flight on-hand lists as requested.
- Receive, verify piece counts, check/confirm weight, check for damage and take dimensions of export cargo. Store for exportation and loading in designated areas by destination and carrier.
- Process import deliveries as noted on the delivery authorization document(s) ensuring accuracy of the piece count and importing customer information.
- Load export cargo (by checking the booking list) on/in carrier Unit Load Devices (ULD's) securing freight for shipment using nets and tie-down equipment. Ensure the build-up of cargo is in a configuration compatible to the carrier's aircraft.
- General housekeeping in warehouse, maintenance and ramp areas, empty trash cans.
- Communicate to lead or supervisor materials/equipment needs, based upon supplies on hand and equipment operation, including reporting on defective, disabled equipment.
- Operate forklift, tugs, transporters and all related ground equipment, subsequent to certification that appropriate training has been completed.
- Demonstrate diligence required to maintain security under any airport authority including the Badge Office, Airport Police, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and United States Customs/Border Protection (USCBP) Regulations. You will challenge any and all persons not displaying an airport I.D. badge within a Mercury warehouse or any Airport Operational Area. (AOA).
- Maintain records and appointments necessary for employment on the airport such as: airport badge appointments, USCBP interviews or other government required meetings.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license (DMV print-out required)
- Must provide proof of the legal right to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired):
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Tolerate moderate to loud levels of noise within the work environment
- Will be required to work in cold storage areas as assigned
- Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting
- Demonstrate daily a fitness for obligation without impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
- May be required to work all of the following: irregular hours and/or shifts, including split-shifts; holidays and weekends; overtime; and extended hours.
This job description is a summary of duties for which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Physical abilities(e.g., lifting and carrying freight weighing up to 75 lbs., bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing, walking and identifying objects)
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations
- Comprehension of airway bill
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or lead agent
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to obtain U.S. Customs seal and license to drive on Airport Operational Area (AOA).