Baggage Service Lead Agent job in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California (CA)
|Employer:|| G2 Secure Staff|
|Job Category:||Other Airport Employer|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
To coordinate the daily shift functions of the baggage service department for the Baggage Service Agents.|
A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Computer experience necessary.
3. Previous customer service experience preferred.
4. Must be 18 years of age or older.
5. Must have reliable telephone and transportation.
6. Must have prior baggage service or airline experience.
B. PERSONAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Treat all information as confidential.
2. Possess the tact to deal with all levels of passengers, client representatives and employees.
3. Must be able to sit, stand, lift, and/or bend throughout shift.
4. Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
5. Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
6. Must be able to read, write, understand and carry out instructions in English.
7. Must meet necessary requirements to obtain a security sensitive identification badge.
8. Must be able to verbally direct in English.
9. Must be a citizen of the United States or possess the necessary authorization from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
1. Must ensure that carousel agents are making baggage arrival announcements when customers arrive in the claim area providing information and instructions. Must ensure that the Log Agents are logging each flight as bags are delivered to the claim area.
2. Must monitor the delivery of baggage and handle irregularities associated with the internal baggage process.
3. Must ensure the agents initiate files for lost, damage and pilfered baggage. Must ensure the tracing activity is completed daily for tracers and on hands. Must ensure settlement claims are monitored.
4. Must ensure agents coordinate the return of delayed luggage to customers. Must ensure agents are preparing Bag Delivery Orders properly and arranging for deliver promptly.
5. Must ensure agents process and secure unclaimed luggage within 90 minutes, updates files and creates an on hand record in SABRE. Must ensure that agents contact the passengers immediately upon arrival of unclaimed bags if phone number or address is available.
6. Must ensure solid communication with Ramp services regarding bag deliveries or missing bags.
7. Must be familiar with all FAA/Airline/Company regulations.
8. Must keep Baggage Manager informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work and report maintenance needs.
9. Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from airlines, staff and public in a courteous manner.
10. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
11. Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
12. Must be attired in proper uniform attire as directed by company officials and identification badges must always be visible.
13. Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
14. Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
15. Assign daily assignments to agents and follow up to ensure duties are correct and complete.
16. Complete Supervisor Checklist daily.
17. Ensure Queues are checked and responded to each hour.
18. Ensure that all agents have been properly trained to complete daily assignments and duties.
19. Ensure that proper on hand inventories are completed correctly and completely each shift.
20. Ensure that all agents are dressed properly and professionally.
21. AM Supervisor must make copies of Time Sheets. Ensure that the Attendance Log is updated daily with tardiness, absences, vacations, code 39s etc.
22. Must check time sheets throughout shift to ensure agents are signing in completely and correctly.
23. Must coach and counsel agents on Disciplinary Action Forms for attendance, code 39s, customer complaints etc. Ensure that coaching and counseling of agents is fair and consistent. Agents must be coached and counseled within 48 hours of incident. Disciplinary Action forms should be kept in the employee's personnel file.
24. Ensure that agents are 100% compliant on recurrent/ongoing training.
25. Keep proper records and documentation of all checks and travel vouchers that are distributed. Ensure that the check log is updated. You are responsible and held accountable for your die plate.
26. Perform other duties as requested.
- OS - MANAGER ON DUTY Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- LAWA OPERATIONS MANAGER ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- Customer Service Manager (Car Rental) (26777) Avis Budget Group Transportation Los Angeles
- LAWA OPERATIONS MANAGER Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- Budget Operations Manager (25420) Avis Budget Group Transportation Los Angeles