Job Location: Mercury Air Cargo (AVION) - Los Angeles, CA
Salary Range: $62,000.00 - $68,000.00
This recruiter position is a highly visible role that will work collaboratively with hiring teams throughout Mercury Air Cargo. The ideal candidate will identify the best talent for roles, work closely with HR and hiring managers providing guidance on recruitment strategies and industry trends.
This position will support the company's recruiting efforts in the Los Angeles and San Francisco locations for all hourly operations positions at Airport locations. This position will be key, in sourcing strategies and execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for filling 30 - 35+ open positions per month in a fast-paced environment
- Full-cycle recruitment to include: job description development, job posting, sourcing, interviewing, and offer negotiation
- Establishing priorities, managing deadlines, exercising a high degree of professionalism in interactions with all levels of internal and external candidates
- Responsible for on-going creative and cost-effective recruiting methods to attract and retain the best candidates. Responsible for all ad placements.
- Responsible for assisting with development or changes to recruiting, retention or adherence programs
- Must be detailed oriented with strong project management, organization and time management skills
- Learn our services to attract key talent
- Using technology to identify new candidates, building relationships, and maintaining a talented pool of candidates
- Schedule interviews with managers
- Respond to inquires from managers and applicants via phone, email etc.
- Maintain hiring update and applicant survey results log on a regular basis
- Strong knowledge of the Internet and all Microsoft Office applications
- Enforcing and providing guidance on OFCCP policies, procedures and best practices to hiring managers
- Identifying and championing recruiting best practices such as tools, technologies, customer service, policies and procedures
- Using talent acquisition analytics and industry best practices to communicate and/or educate operational leaders
- Exceeding key talent acquisition goals on a consistent basis
- Administer pre-employment survey
- Assist with multi-channel recruiting process to fill pipeline with high quality candidates including, but not limited to: passive applicants, internal recruiting, employee referrals, social networking, job postings, job fairs, etc.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check
- Must be able to travel
- Valid California driver's license required
- Must provide proof of the legal right to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a major in Business, Marketing, Human Resources or similar
- Minimum 3 years' experience recruiting for transportation/logistics industry
- Bilingual English/Spanish Verbal and Written communication skills required.
- Distribution, Warehouse, Supply Chain or Production/Manufacturing work environment experience required.
- Must be proficient with conventional recruiting methods, as well as creative/new trend recruiting methods.
- Experience sourcing and communicating to potential candidates via LinkedIn, Indeed, Craigslist, etc.
- Must be well-versed in current labor laws to ensure compliance during entire Recruitment Process.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired or Required):
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting
- Demonstrate daily a fitness for obligation without impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
This job description is a summary of duties for which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
- Typing skills with ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
- Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
- Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Office skills including file maintenance, basic computer knowledge, answering telephone quickly and ability to multi-task.