Facility Operator job in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California (CA)
|Employer:|| Menzies Aviation|
Under the daily supervision of the Operations Supervisor with assistance as needed from the Operations Manager. Responsible for safe and timely set-up, monitoring and transfer of fuel movements during a specific shift assignment. Ensure through definitive|
methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to an efficient operation, while protecting a professional image for Aircraft Services International Group and LAXFUEL Corporation.
DUTIES OF THE JOB: • Customer Satisfaction; To maintain an uncompromising dedication to providing high quality service to all of our customers at a fair and reasonable price. This is achieved by accomplishing all duties in accordance with established airline
regulations. • Receive, Store, Issue, and Transfer Aviation Jet Fuel in a safe and efficient manner, while carefully monitoring and recording all pertinent information. • Perform daily system inspections and required operator maintenance functions in accordance
with ATA Spec. 103 and local operating procedures. • Review the daily pipeline receipt schedule and plan for sufficient tank ullage on next day allotments. • Complete and Maintain appropriate documentation on operational matters in accordance with established
procedures. • Perform a variety of fuel Quality Tests and analysis, in accordance with ATA Spec. 103 and established procedures. • Maintain knowledge of ATA Spec. 103, the LAXFUEL Operations Manual and other posted Regulations associated with the fueling industry.
• Assist on Special Projects as required. • Complete all assignments directed by Management in a safe, efficient and timely manner as required by Company rules and regulations and all Federal, State and local laws. • Assist in employee career development as
required. • Continually inspect operations for unusual circumstances at the fuel tank farm area such as: low/high pressure, leaks and unauthorized personnel, etc.. This category as stated, is not exclusive. • Individuals may perform other duties as assigned,
not withstanding work in other functional areas to cover absences and relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
• QUALIFICATION: High School graduate with the ability to learn the PC computer and the use of Microsoft Windows. Additional training in First Aid/CPR, Hazwoper, Confined Space Entry, Fire Extinguisher Training, etc. a plus. Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Must have the ability to communicate in the English language, both written and verbally. • EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: 496 hours suggested OJT required learning all facets of the LAXFUEL operating system, Air Transportation Authority (ATA) Specification 103, company standards for quality control, proper documentation procedures, safety guidelines, and facility security. The suggested hours of training may be extended if deemed necessary by management. Petro chemical field experience is a plus. • RESOURCEFULNESS: Basic planning, scheduling, and trouble-shooting skills to keep the LAXFUEL system operational. The ability to think on your feet and quickly respond in accordance with the company's policies and procedures. • ABILITY TO DO ROUTINE WORK: There are considerable routine functions in this position. It will be necessary that all work assignments be done accurately to avoid fuel spills or fuel farm related events. Accurate work ethics are essential due to the nature of the assignment. • MANUAL OR MOTOR (MACHINES) OPERATIONS: Equipment of aviation environment i.e. hydrant fuel systems and the mechanical functions associated with such fuel facility related equipment. Ability to diagnose mechanical related problems and to the best of one's ability correct the problems. This category as stated, is not exclusive. • CAPACITY FOR GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS: Work in close proximity with other employees and may be in direct contact with airline management personnel. Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public and to use good judgment in recognizing scope and authority. • RESPONSIBILITY FOR GOODWILL AND PUBLIC RELATIONS: This position represents a contact mainly with oil companies, airlines, into-plane fueling agents and the LAXFUEL Membership. As stated in the Statement of Position, while in the performance of their duties, employees need to project a professional image for ASII and it's customer. • SUPERVISION: Consults directly with the Operations Shift Supervisor in regards to unusual situations. Management is always available and or on call. No supervision of others is required. • WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to outdoor environments, various inclement weather conditions, aviation related fumes and various noise levels. Acutely aware of safety related procedures. Position requires wearing safety related equipment, i.e. goggles, gloves, boots, respirator, hearing protection, and back support as necessitated by a specific task. Position requires lifting, pulling, pushing, rotating, twisting, climbing of high tanks, squatting, kneeling, overhead arm movement. Must be able to occasionally handle weights up to and including 75 lbs. Exposure to related cleaning and chemical materials (review MSDS Reference Book) during routine and special cleaning assignments. This category as stated, is not exclusive. • OTHER ACQUIRED SKILLS NEEDED: Maintain a valid California Driver's License. Failure to maintain valid Driver's License may subject your continual employment. Position requires individuals to drive a dual-wheel rear axle truck, with a stick shift and side mirrors. • SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to comply with local airport, FAA and/or U.S. Customs safety, security, and identification requirements. • DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING: We conduct random drug and alcohol testing for all employees. • PRE-EMPLOYMENT EXAMINATION: All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment examination for color blindness, hearing capabilities and drug or alcohol usage. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibility skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments.
- Business Development Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- District Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- GENERAL MANAGER Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- Business Development Manager ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles
- District Manager Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles