Vice President of Operations - Boston - Patina Restaurant Group job in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California (CA)
|Employer:|| Delaware North THS LAX|
Our Exciting Work Environment|
The Vice President of Operations assumes total responsibility for day-to-day operation for Patina Restaurant Group at the Boston Hub. He/she will be responsible for the execution of core operations functions and strategic development of the diverse Boston brands. This representative must oversee build-out, construction, project management, budget, and operation in accordance to corporate policies, programs, and procedures. He/she must maintain liaison with human resource, finance, marketing, and sales department to ensure maximum profitability and administrative efficiency. Ideally, this executive should bring operational expertise and possess a successful track record with proven results in the restaurant, hospitality, retail, or a relevant service industry. Supported by an effective operations team based in New York City, the VP of Operations will produce new and innovative ideas and strategies that will maximize the Boston portfolio to their highest service and culinary potential and ultimately fuel an increase in their restaurants' sales, revenue, and efficiency
• Manage a staff of General Managers, Executive Chefs, and all supporting team members to ensure consistent delivery of our product and service within the standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality to satisfy the requirements of the sales and finance divisions.
• Support the General Managers for his/her locations. Establish and maintain effective internal controls at all units, ensuring all employees are performing and excelling in their positions and duties.
• Develop accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives for units consistent with objectives; maximizes sales potential through aggressive marketing and public relations campaign.
• Lead decisions appropriate to all internal operational procedures, budget and planning areas, priorities of inventory movement, maintenance projects, and personnel; Review, recommend, and standardize prices and budgetary allotments regarding food, beverage, and labor costs.
• Partner with the EVP of Culinary, Senior Director of Purchasing, and Director of Recruiting to design and develops a purchasing programs and procedures to increase profitability.
• Relay with Human Resources to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed and ensures that the clients' complaints and grievances are handled immediately.
• Adhere to formal guidelines which provide an operational framework for each unit, such as OSHA regulations, work methods and procedures manuals, and federal and state guidelines on personnel administration and; ensure all employees understand and maintain the necessary requirements.
• Promote and develop existing programs to enhance new concepts that ensure the highest possible quality of food service.
• Assist in the training including development of food service and beverage management staff; occasionally attend and monitor large catering events.
• Manage Director of Catering and Special Events in order to facilitate the proper handling of catering and special event obligations and maximize sales.
You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at management's discretion.
• BS in Hospitality Management or other related discipline with an MBA or advance degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible operation leadership experience in a multi-unit restaurant company or hospitality business with a minimum of 10 units.
• Must have a keen understanding and knowledge about the restaurant industry and an exceptional aptitude of restaurant operations.
• Experience balanced in strategic planning and execution - a keen ability to operate at a high level with the energy to "roll up the sleeves" and ensure that operation plans are successfully implemented and that expectations are met.
• Advanced financial acumen and business development skills required.
• Must have experience with build-out, project management, restaurant openings with multi conceptual restaurant group
• Must have ability to make business development decisions according to keen understanding of optimal operational processes and innovation.
• Able to stay abreast of competitive units, maintaining and recommending appropriate actions to excel operational efficiency and standards while increasing potential revenue streams.
• Outstanding leadership skills with a proven ability to successfully develop a team of professionals within the restaurant industry.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to inspire confidence and relate well to people at all levels of the organization as an informed and effective spokesperson for the company and all constituents; executive must be able to listen, think, speak and act with utmost hospitality.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North - whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants - there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group's exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality - the sky is the limit.
- LAWA OPERATIONS MANAGER Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- OS - MANAGER ON DUTY Air Serv Corporation Airlines Los Angeles
- Budget Operations Manager (25420) Avis Budget Group Transportation Los Angeles
- Customer Service Manager (Car Rental) (26777) Avis Budget Group Transportation Los Angeles
- LAWA OPERATIONS MANAGER ABM Transportation Services Transportation Los Angeles